Monday, September 3, 2012

It whispers!


Ladies, please take a minute to visit:  


September is National Ovarian Cancer Month.  


So much is known about breast cancer. We are all reminded about mammograms and early detection.  Seems like very few know about ovarian cancer:  the cancer that whispers.   Educate yourself so that you have a stronger voice when you visit your doctor with concerns.  I had g.i. issues.  I was told it was IBS, I was told it was diverticulosis, I was told it was acid reflux.  Actually, both doctors were wrong.  This story of misdiagnosis is all too common.  Seems like way too many doctors don't recognize the symptoms either. It was ovarian cancer.  When your inner voice is telling you they are missing something, make them hear you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog and helping to spread the word about ovarian cancer. I invite you to my website www.outshineovariancancer.com. We teal sisters are in this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure are Karen, and who knows how many others as well. I pray for all of us.

      Delete

Post a Comment